Compact ellipsometer for fast sample mapping
With the new theta-SE, Woollam offers a spectroscopic ellipsometer that combines very fast sample mapping with high-precision “dual-rotating element” technology in a very compact design. The footprint is no larger than that of the compact Alpha-SE and thus only slightly larger than a 300 mm wafer. Additional bulky control units – whether on or under the table – are not required.
The patent-pending automated dual-theta rotation stage enables complete 300 mm mapping. The high sample throughput is achieved by fast point-to-point translation, fast automated sample alignment and the dual-rotation ellipsometer technology (for continuous data acquisition). Automated data analysis and integrated reporting allow push-button operation and provide quick access to measurement results.This allows, for example, 150 measuring points on a 300 mm wafer to be scanned within a few minutes (including data analysis).
Here are some of its parameters:
- Spectral range: 400 nm to 1000 nm
- Number of wavelengths: 190
- Detection: CCD
- Fastest acquisition rate for a complete spectrum: 0.3 s
- Spot size: ~250 µm x 600 µm
- Data types: Spectroscopic ellipsometry, generalized ellipsometry, Mueller matrix
- The theta-SE has everything you need to quickly measure sample uniformity with a view to film thickness and optical constants.
In a compact package the theta-SE ellipsometer combines the power of spectroscopic ellipsometry with 300 mm uniformity mapping – at an affordable price.